Watch this 11-minute video to learn how to use Merge Swap App. Alternatively, follow the next instructions for a step to step guide:
1. Ensure that the coin you want to swap for MERGE is part of the swap.
2. Install Merge's wallet.
3. Allow wallet to fully sync before sending any coins.
4. Now it is a good time to back up your wallet.
5. In Merge's wallet, go to File --> Receiving addresses… and create a new MERGE address. We recommend labelling the address with the name of coin you are swapping to MERGE.
6. Enter Merge Swap App at http://swap.projectmerge.org.
7. Login by copying and pasting your MERGE address in the space provided:
8. You are directed into the site logged in with your MERGE address. In there, you can choose the coin that you want to swap:
9. Once you choose one, a new page will open showing the swap ratio and a calculator of how many MERGE you would receive given an amount of that particular coin. Most importantly, two new addresses for the coin will be generated. These addresses are created randomly and no one, not even us, have access to them. See example:
10. Copy the first address, then go to your coin’s wallet. In there:
Open the "Send" tab.
Paste the copied address in the "Pay To" box.
Optionally, add a "Label". For example: swap1-merge.
Add part of the "Amount" you want to swap for MERGE.
11. Now copy the second address and go back into the said coin’s wallet. Still in the send area:
Located near the bottom, click on "Add Recipient". A new "Pay To" box will appear below the first one.
Paste in the second address you copied in the "Pay To" box.
Optionally, add a “Label”. For example: swap2-merge.
Add the remaining of the "Amount" you want to swap to MERGE.
Thus, hit “Send” now:
12. Merge Swap App will find the two transactions that have just been created once they get 50 or more confirmations, then sum both amounts and send back the equivalent of that sum in MERGE to your MERGE address, following the assigned ratio for the coin being swapped. By doing it this way, Merge Swap App ensures that the coins you are sending are being burnt (destroyed) right away.
13. Now you wait, in a short time the Merge coins will appear in your Merge wallet. You can either monitor that you have received your MERGE from either your Merge wallet or Merge Swap App at https://swap.projectmerge.org/#/transactions.